So I started that Tumblr for French-related blogs. Basically this is how it’ll work:
- You guys click « contribution » (the blog, you’ll notice, is in French). You can only submit links, so put in the Tumblr’s URL and its name (for me that was Je suis américaine). As the directions say, if you click description the submit button disappears and it won’t come back, but descriptions don’t appear anyway on the theme so it’s no issue really.
- Tag your blog. For example this one I tagged France and Francophone because I post about those things, Europe and Americas because I post about Europe and the United States, study abroad since that’s how I started this, and both French and English since I post in both languages. This way if you study in a French-speaking country in Europe, Africa, or America you can pick that and see who else might be there, or if your blog focuses on somewhere else people can more easily find it. If you post only in English but love France, that’s fine too.
- The blogs that I get submitted I’ll put in the queue which will post 10 times a day. It’ll be only links, easy to go through and find new hidden gems.
- You can follow the Tumblr to find new French blogs as they’re posted or have your blog listed so others can follow you.
- If you have a question about that blog itself you can submit it and I’ll privately reply. You guys can still ask me questions here, I love hearing from you.
I think that’s the best solution so it’s easiest to find each other, especially if you’re studying abroad in France or any other French-speaking country. Feel free to start submitting, I’m packing my sister up today for university so I’ll be able to queue up any links I get.
Reblog again in case you missed it. Submit a link to your blog here so everyone can find you. :)
Submit your blogs guys!